THE DREAM TEAM who will shape, guide and lead the French Film Festival UK going forward.
The newly revitalised Board of Trustees held their first meeting, graciously hosted at the Institut français d’Ecosse in the thick of myriad temptations of Edinburgh Festivals. The team focus remained sharp: with this year’s 31st edition due to take place from 1 November to 14 December 2023 the heat is on but the new incumbents look forward to delivering another exciting, diverse and challenging array of Francophone cinema.
The team are:
- Debora Kayembe, Rector, University of Edinburgh, chair
- Cédric Moreau, Senior Teaching Fellow, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, vice-chair
- Emma Mortimore Marketing & Development Manager, Edinburgh Queen’s Hall
- Liz Chege, Festival Director, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- Thomas Chaurin, Director of Languages for All, University of Edinburgh Centre for Open Learning
- Richard Mowe, director and co-founder FFF UK, secretary
- Sylvia Davidson, Head of International Liaison and Education Programme
- James Steel, honorary president and previous chair.